Monday, August 24, 2009

I'm hurt

They went out partying without me, and my feelings are hurt that I wasn't included. It was even a safe bet that I'd decline. But I wasn't asked. Wow, we really have drifted apart.
I have this strange 'adult' feeling about it all. Like, "You've drifted too. You can't put all of blame on them." And I mean it too. So that tempers the hurt way more than I thought it would.

"We become close to those closest too us."

That's certainly true for me. R. And it's how I use to be with them. But now they live near each other but far (4 blocks) from me. We really are urban dwellers. =)

This wedding really will be a new chapter for me. I'm anxious for different reasons than everyone else. For me this will be another goodbye.

Why is "being me" the hardest thing I'll ever do? Odd that it actually makes a lot of other things in life rather simple. Just do them, and they're done. Simple. But when it comes to myself. I struggle. Painting - easy, pottery - easy (difficult to master), work - easy, money - easy. I need to learn the leasons of self-expression and apply them to my life.

Andrew

No comments: