Saturday, November 12, 2011

Stress Dreams

I've learned that I give myself stress dreams.  I'm not having them right now, but recently (and at least one already written about here).  They are reflections of stress I'm feeling about... anything; work, life, money, family.  And i think they were probably meant to help me but they don't.  It's always some horrible worst-case scenario that I find myself in.  Damaged car when I need it most, missing documents when I need them most, etc.  I plays into my fear of being unprepared, which is something I've put a lot of time and energy into preventing.  Money in the car for parking, money in the back, favors owed, minimal needs.  All efforts to avoid finding myself "in trouble".  After so many good examples of "bad example behavior" I've internalized a fear of being in that situation.
Being relieved to wake up and find it Saturday and not "your car is broken" is big.  But to have that type of dream repeatedly, is huge.  And I think I get why it happens, and it will certainly be a good stress indicator going forward, I just wish the dreams were friendlier, or more directly helpful.

No comments: